This house (a Protected Structure) was originally built as a two storey, end of terrace Victorian house, circa 1870, with a brick facade. There was an existing extension to the side and rear of the original house, which was demolished and replaced with a new extension, sympathetic to the existing terrace. Original brick details such as brackets and stepped string courses were matched. The result is a building that displays many of the finest traditional brick features of Victorian architecture, in a modern form of construction. In addition, the interiors of the existing house were completely revamped, in close collaboration with the client. Skilled craftsmen were used in the creation of finely detailed decorative plasterwork, fitted joinery and bathrooms.